Real Estate Attorney Ann Arbor, MI
At Ager Law Office in Ann Arbor, Michigan, real estate attorney Bill Ager offers a full range of legal services for real estate matters, including purchases and sales of residential and commercial property. Dedicated to providing top quality services at competitive rates, he protects the legal interests of his clients in real estate transactions throughout Washtenaw County and offers reasonable flat fees for his services.
Bill proudly serves his friends and neighbors in the community where he was born and raised. He has provided real estate legal services throughout the region for more than three decades. In addition to being a real estate attorney, Bill is also a licensed real estate associate broker, which is a significant benefit for his clients.
Washtenaw County Residential Real Estate Purchases & Sales
Real estate transactions are among the most significant and complex financial matters that individuals address in their lives. The applicable complex laws require meticulous attention to ensure full compliance with all legal requirements. Ager Law Office offers comprehensive support for purchases and sales of residential property in Washtenaw County. Real estate attorney Bill Ager’s goal is to protect your legal rights and interests in all matters involving Michigan real estate.
While the law does not require representation by an attorney in most real estate matters, retaining an attorney to assist you in a residential real estate sale or purchase is the only approach that fully protects your legal interests. Regardless of whether your transaction involves a real estate agent, consulting a lawyer is the only way to get legal advice. Real estate agents cannot provide legal counsel. That is a service that only a real estate attorney can provide.
It is important to note that most standard residential sales contracts used by real estate agents in Washtenaw County contain the following statement: All Parties Are Advised to Seek the Advice of an Attorney. In addition, all sales contracts include an Attorney Approval paragraph that provides for: (1) approval of the sales contract by the buyer’s and seller’s attorneys within a specified time, (2) approval by an attorney of an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance, which is issued in the name of the buyer for the amount of the sale price, and (3) approval by the buyer’s attorney of condominium, association, or cooperative documents that affect a buyer’s ownership interest in the property.
Ann Arbor real estate lawyer Bill Ager helps clients with all aspects of residential real estate matters, such as:
- Preparation, review, and negotiation of purchase agreements and sales contracts and other documents involved in a transfer of a residence or land
- Preparation, review, and signing of closing documents
- Representation and document preparation for sellers and buyers in For Sale By Owner (FSBO) sales (transfers without a real estate agent)
- Assistance for sellers and buyers in transactions involving a real estate agent
- Representation and document review for buyers and sellers in condominium sales and purchases
- Review of homeowners’ association and condominium documents, including master deeds and rules & regulations
- Review of title insurance documents
- Assistance with Michigan Seller Disclosure Act requirements
- Preparation of deeds, including lady bird deeds (enhanced life estate deeds), warranty deeds, quit claim deeds, trust deeds, and personal representative deeds
- Assistance with private real estate sales and transfers
- Preparation and review of documents for Michigan land contract transactions
- Assistance with preparation of property ownership agreements between unmarried couples
- Assistance with family cottages, including purchasing and transferring vacation properties, and cottage ownership and usage agreements
- Uncapping of property taxes
- State and local transfer taxes for property
- Assistance with new construction transactions
- Completion of due diligence in real estate transactions
- Assistance with real estate transactions in estate planning and probate and estate administration matters, including property transferred or managed through a deed, will, or trust
Whatever type of residential real estate purchase or sale concern you have, Ager Law Office provides the legal services you need to protect your interests and financial investment over the short and long term. Real estate attorney Bill Ager utilizes his decades of experience handling Michigan real estate sales and purchases to ensure that your transaction meets all state legal requirements.
Additional Real Estate Legal Services
The real estate practice at Ager Law Office is not limited to purchases and sales. Attorney Bill Ager assists individuals and business clients with many other types of real estate matters, including:
- New home construction contracts
- Real estate powers of attorney
- Deed preparation
- Liens and encumbrances
- Easements and licenses
- Right-of-way issues
- Preparation, review, and negotiation of residential and commercial leases
- Assistance with preparation and review of commercial leases
- Condominium owners’ and homeowners’ association matters
- Real estate LLCs (Limited Liability Companies)
- Real estate financing, including mortgages and promissory notes
- Claims and actions for breach of contract, misrepresentation, and fraud
Complex statutes apply to every transaction involving real estate in the State of Michigan. Even if your matter does not involve a sale or purchase of real property, Ann Arbor real estate lawyer Bill Ager ensures that every aspect of the transaction complies with all legal requirements. Your investment and legal interests will be fully protected.
Additional details about legal issues relating to Michigan real estate transactions are available on the Articles & News page. Individual articles include in-depth discussions of matters such as FSBO purchases and sales for both buyers and sellers, as well as general advice for real estate buyers and sellers.
Schedule a Consultation With an Experienced Ann Arbor Real Estate Attorney
Ann Arbor real estate attorney Bill Ager has over three decades of experience assisting individual and business clients with Michigan reals estate matters. His goals in every transaction are to protect your legal interests, make certain that you completely understand all your obligations and rights, attend to all legal requirements and details, and ensure expeditious completion of the transaction.
Ager Law Office offers a broad range of real estate services for reasonable flat fees at competitive prices to clients throughout Washtenaw County, including Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Saline, Chelsea, Dexter, and other communities. To talk with Bill about any real estate law matter, call (734) 649-0784, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the online contact form.